Welcome to the Blog for www.seekitout.co.uk.

Seek It Out: taster crafting kits and stunning designer items for your home

Visit www.seekitout.co.uk TODAY!




Friday 13 February 2015

Be My Valentine

Get back to the true meaning of Valentine's Day and show your loved one that you care; not with big expensive gestures but with a little effort put into making a card by hand.

You don't have to be super creative or great at drawing to make this cute little origami Heart box.
I found the link on Pinterest ages ago and bookmarked the tutorial page, planning to find the two colour stiff paper in the meantime. What I ended up with was some thin red card, which was a little too thick to get really neat folds but I used the back of a spoon to make the folds crisp and jazzed up one side of the card with angled stripes to make it a little more masculine. (This one will be presented to my hubby in the morning).

Follow the instructions to make your own in the video on this link: www.origamispirit.com/2012/01/unique-ways-to-keep-romance-alive-part-1-of-3/ 

It's deceptively simple and perfect for those who are new to origami - decorate your own paper to make it really special and leave your loved one a message inside this Valentines day.

I cut a square of white paper to fit neatly inside to write my note on. The red of this card is great but I think it looks nice to have the contrasting bottom colour.























The main thing is to have fun and be a bit silly.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

No comments: